Current Opportunities and open calls for Two Queens Members:
Members Show 2019
Open to current Two Queens members, information on becoming a member is available here.
The members show is an open and inclusive platform for Two Queens Studio holders and members to showcase recent work in a large group exhibition in the main gallery space of Two Queens.
Work will be selected by the organising committee and the decision to be included in the show will be based on the quality of the work and practical considerations for the install of the exhibition. There is no limit on the kind of work we would include, but please be aware we only have a limited amount of AV equipment. Work can be delivered to Two Queens either in person between 29-31st May, by post or digitally.
Application Deadline: 1 May
Selection Day: 3 May
Install: 29 May- 31 May
Exhibition Open: 31 May & 1 June 12-5
Private View: Friday 31 May 6-9pm
Deinstall: Sunday 2 June
How to Apply:
Please email a PDF document to Info@twoqueens.com with the email subject title “ Members show 2019”.
The PDF must contain:
- Up to 3 images of completed works or drawings of proposed artwork(s) (You can propose up to 3 artworks for consideration.)
- Dimensions of artwork in cm
- A short description of each artwork (max 200 words)
- Technical requirements of work (max 200 words)
Project Space Proposals
Two Queens invites proposals from artists and curators who are current members to hold exhibitions in the project space.
The Project Space is a small scale testing space for experimenting with new ideas and showcasing recent works.
We are open to applications of all kinds including solo presentations, screenings, events, duo shows and group exhibitions etc. Please consider the size of the project space when planning the amount of artists you intend to invite.
At this time there is no specific funding available for this opportunity, however we are more than happy to support successful applicants in applying for Arts Council funding for the show.
Show dates for 2019
Slot 2 – 28 June – 13 July 2019
Slot 3 – 26th July – 10th August 2019
Shows will launch alongside Cultural Quarter Lates on the last friday of each month.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fixed deadline for this opportunity. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Any applications, which are not selected to be part of the first run of shows will be considered for future opportunities.
Applications must include a PDF containing:
- Rough budget for show
- Action plan/timescales for marketing, + install dates
- List of artists including web links or images of their work. (invited artists should have been contacted at the time of submission and be aware that their participation in project is dependent on the idea being selected by the Two Queens committee)
- Draft of press release (Max 250 words)
- 3+ Promotional Images (.jpeg or .png at 300dpi)