In March 2023, Two Queens became a Community Benefit Society (CBS), which is a form of community owned co-operative society. Previously we were a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, and have converted the old company into this new legal form. Being a CBS means that the organisation is owned and controlled by the community, increasing its strength and sustainability.
We are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority, Society Number 9027
Our society rules can be accessed here.
The ‘objects’ of Two Queens are to:
- Promote art for the benefit of the public by the establishment and maintenance of an art gallery
- Advance education in the arts by the establishment and maintenance of an art gallery
- Promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Leicester and the surrounding area the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the condition of life of the said inhabitants.
For us, our community is defined as:
- The local community – people living in Leicester
- The community of artists who we work with and provide services to
- A wider ‘community of interest’ of people who live across the UK and care about contemporary visual art, and the contribution Two Queens can make to it
If you are a member of our community, and can fulfil the role and commitment of membership, we invite you to make an application to become a society member.
More information about how to apply for Society Membership will be released soon, please check back at this page or keep an eye on our social media channels for updates.
Last Updated August 2023