Opportunities > Volunteering at Two Queens
Two Queens Volunteer Roles
Two Queens is open to applications from volunteers who wish to give their time on a casual basis to support our public exhibitions programme. The areas where we usually require assistance are with the invigilation of exhibitions and in tasks related to the installation of shows. We welcome applications from those who wish to gain experience working in the arts, as well as those who simply want to support the arts by offering their free time.
Volunteers receive an induction and are trained to open and close the building along with health and safety and evacuation procedures. You will also receive training for any set up involved for exhibitions (such as setting up Audio/Visual equipment) as well as the chance to hear about the background to exhibitions first hand from the artists and curators. Invigilation shifts are agreed each month on a rota and are always carried out in pairs.
Volunteers need to be:
– Over 18 years of age
– Resident in Leicestershire or Rutland
– Able to commit to an average of 3-6 hours per week during exhibitions (open times are Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 12-6pm, opening nights Fridays 6-9pm)
– Be passionate about the visual arts and willing to become an advocate for Two Queens’ exhibition programme.
– Help with opening nights and other events.
Benefits of Volunteering:
– Free Two Queens associate membership (usually £30 a year), allowing access to group critiques, reading group and use of project space.
– Opportunity to meet likeminded creative people and peer group.
– Chance to gain experience working in the arts to support future career development.
– Chance to work on your own projects during invigilation periods in a quiet space with WiFi access.
To get involved with volunteering please send a paragraph outlining your current skills and experience and current availability to email@example.com, we will get in touch to invite you to a volunteer induction session.