Opportunities > Programme Placements 2017
Two Queens exhibition programme volunteering positions
Volunteering Period – 6 Months (Next Period February – August 2017)
Time Commitment – an average of 3 hours a week including some early evenings/weekends
Two Queens present an opportunity for student volunteers to assist with the planning and execution of our 2016-18 programme. Four positions are available with Two Queens assisting in the planning and execution of our exhibitions and related events for a six month period. These opportunities are open to current Art and Design students at De Montfort University.
All roles require an understanding of the work of Two Queens, an awareness of contemporary art and the work of artist led galleries. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are keen to be involved with exhibition making and who will make good use of the skills gained through these volunteering opportunities in the future.
Each post will involve working closely with members of the Two Queens team on specific elements of the 2016-18 programme alongside some visitor assistant duties.
Programme Volunteer: Production (x2 positions available)
To work closely with the programme curator and lead technician and assist with the successful execution of exhibitions and events. Duties will include:
– Assisting with the coordination of install and de-install for exhibitions and events, working closely with programme technicians and artists.
– Assisting with preparation of artwork and any equipment required for exhibition.
– Assist with the adaptation and building of the gallery environment for each exhibition.
– Successful candidate should ideally have some knowledge of construction and fabrication techniques but support and training will be given.
Programme Volunteer: Marketing and Outreach
To work closely with the programme administrator and marketing officer to assist with the effective marketing of Exhibitions and Events. Duties will include:
– Assisting with the collection of audience and artist feedback to help evaluate the programme.
– Preparation of press releases, content and copy for marketing materials, working closely with graphic designer, documentation and curator to prepare content.
– Creating event listings through online and social media channels.
– Distribution of marketing materials locally and to arts organisations nationally.
Programme Volunteer: Design and Documentation
Duties will include:
– Assist with the documentation of exhibitions and events through Photography, Video and Sound recording.
– Preparation of content e.g editing of video and photographic documentation, transcription of sound recordings for sharing through online channels such as Two Queens website and social media.
– Assist with the production of posters, flyers, print advertisements, online marketing materials and exhibition supporting materials.
– Work closely with marketing and curation to ensure that marketing materials are print ready and meet deadlines.
– Successful candidate will have a working knowledge of DSLR cameras, Video editing and Adobe Creative suite software.
To apply for these positions, please send your CV alongside examples of your work that will support your application, this could include your artistic/creative practice, photography, graphic design work or examples of events organised, preferably in the form of links to your work online. Please also write a covering email stating which position you are applying for, on which course you are studying and brief answers to the following questions.
– How do you feel that volunteering with Two Queens would benefit you and what qualities would you bring to the role?
– Tell us about your ambitions after leaving University, what do you want to do next?
– Tell us about a recent exhibition that you have seen and what you thought about it.
Applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the deadline is midnight Sunday the 5th February.